The log files in the log_history contain all of the events that occur on your FTP Today site
The log data is provided in CSV format.
The log files are best viewed in a spreadsheet application such as Excel. This will order the data in such a way as to present it in an easily understandable format. This is the contents of the logs for reference.
Date of the event
- Date and time in MM/DD/YEAR HH:MM:SS AM/PM Time zone is EST
- HTTPS - WebApp
- SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol or Secure File Transfer
- SSH2 - SSH File Transfer Protocol or Secure File Transfer
- FTPS – File Transfer Protocol Secure
Process ID on the server of the event
- The same process id is used for a single connection.
Port the event occurred on
- 21 – FTPeS (Explicit FTPS)
- 22 - SFTP/SSH2
- 990 - FTPS (Implicit FTPS)
- 443 - HTTPS
The IP address of the client
The user account that performed the event
Command – Command issued
- ABOR - Abort an active file transfer.
- ALLO - Allocate sufficient disk space to receive a file.
- APPE - Append.
- AUTH - Authentication/Security Mechanism.
- CCC - Clear Command Channel.
- CDUP - Change to Parent Directory.
- CHANNEL_CLOSE - Closes a channel.
- CHANNEL_EOF - A party will no longer send more data to a channel.
- CHANNEL_OPEN - Opens a channel.
- CHANNEL_REQUEST - Submits a channel request.
- CHANNEL_WINDOW_ADJUST - Adjusts the window size of a channel.
- CLOSE - Closes a file handle.
- CWD - Change working directory.
- DELE - Delete file.
- EPRT - Specifies an extended address and port to which the server should connect.
- EPSV - Enter extended passive mode.
- EXIT - Disconnect.
- EXTENDED - Returns file attributes given a path, without following symlinks.
- FEAT - Get the feature list implemented by the server.
- FSETSTAT - Modifies file attributes given a file handle.
- FSTAT - Returns file attributes given a file handle.
- HELP - Returns usage documentation on a command if specified, else a general help document is returned.
- INIT - Sends client version numbers and extensions to the server.
- KEXINIT - Request for key exchange.
- LIST - Returns information of a file or directory if specified, else information of the current working directory is returned.
- LSTAT - Returns file attributes given a path, without following symlinks.
- MDTM - Return the last-modified time of a specified file.
- MFMT - Modify the last modification time of a file.
- MKD - Make directory.
- MKDIR - Make directory.
- MLSD - Lists the contents of a directory if a directory is named.
- MLST - Provides data about exactly the object named on its command line, and no others.
- MODE - Sets the transfer mode (Stream, Block, or Compressed).
- NEWKEYS - Initiate use of new keys.
- NLST - Returns a list of file names in a specified directory.
- NOOP - No operation (dummy packet; used mostly on keepalives).
- OPEN - Opens or creates a file, returning a file handle.
- OPENDIR - Lists the contents of a directory if a directory is named.
- OPTS - Select options for a feature (for example OPTS UTF8 ON).
- OPTS_MLST - Configure the amount of information sent by the server in response to the MLST command.
- PASS - Authentication password.
- PASV - Enter passive mode.
- PBSZ - Protection Buffer Size.
- PORT - Specifies an address and port to which the server should connect.
- PROT - Data Channel Protection Level.
- PWD - Print working directory. Returns the current directory of the host.
- QUIT - Disconnect.
- REALPATH - Canonicalizes server-size relative path to an absolute path.
- REIN - Re initializes the connection.
- REMOVE - Removes a file.
- RENAME - Renames a file.
- REST - Restart transfer from the specified point.
- RETR - Retrieve a copy of the file.
- RMD - Remove a directory.
- RMDIR - Remove a directory.
- RNFR - Rename from.
- RNTO - Rename to.
- SERVICE_REQUEST - The client requests a service. Such as to request to authenticate.
- SETSTAT - Modifies file attributes given a path.
- SITE - Sends site specific commands to remote server (like SITE IDLE 60 or SITE UMASK 002).
- SIZE - Return the size of a file.
- STAT - Returns information on the server status, including the status of the current connection.
- STOR - Accept the data and to store the data as a file at the server site.
- STOU - Store file uniquely.
- STRU - Set file transfer structure.
- SYST - Return system type.
- TYPE - Sets the transfer mode (ASCII/Binary).
- USER - Authentication username.
- USERAUTH_REQUEST - Authentication/Security Mechanism.
- XMKD - Make a directory.
- XPWD - Print the current working directory.
- hChangeDirectory – Change to selected directory.
- hDelete – Delete select file.
- hGet – Download a file.
- hList – List selected directory.
- hLogin - User logged in.
- hLogout - User logged out.
- hMakeDir – Create a directory.
- hPasteCopy - A file or directory was 'copied' to the in-app clipboard and then pasted back into the app
- hPasteEnd - The paste process has ended.
- hPasteMove - A file or directory was 'cut' to the in-app clipboard and then pasted back into the app
- hPasteStart - A paste process is beginning. The command argument is the directory receiving the pasted files. All files currently on the in-app clipboard will have a hPasteCopy or hPasteMove entry following.
- hPut – Upload a file.
- hRemoveDir – Delete a directory.
- hRename – Rename a file or directory.
- hSharedConnect – Share link was used.
- hSharedGet - File downloaded via Share.
- hSharedPut - File uploaded via Share.
- hZipEnd - The download of the zipped file has ended. The status will show the number of files in the zip, which should match the number of hZipGet entries.
- hZipGet - Each file included in the zip is logged with this entry showing the file path and actual (not-compressed) byte count. (Since files are not compressed in the zip, the effective byte count transferred is greater than the sum of the parts due to the zip overhead.)
- hZipStart - Multiple files have been selected for download and are being zipped.
The arguments issued with the Command
Filename in the Command
Amount of data transferred in Bytes for the event
- 0 - Ok
- 200 - Used on CWD and LIST.
- 209 - Used for Paste Start/End, Zip start end.
- 220 - Used when Share Token and password are validated.
- 230 - Used for normal web app login.
- 231 - Used for normal Web app logout.
- 250 - Used for a file download, upload. delete, move, etc.
- 530 - Only used during a failed OTP verification: Wrong OTP, TOP timeout, OTP cancel.
0 - Ok
110 - Restart marker reply.
120 - Service ready in nnn minutes.
125 - Data connection already open; transfer starting.
150 - File status okay; about to open data connection.
200 - Command okay.
202 - Command not implemented, superfluous at this site.
211 - System status, or system help reply.
212 - Directory status.
213 - File status.
214 - Help message.
215 - NAME system type.
220 - Service ready for new user.
221 - Service closing control connection.
225 - Data connection open; no transfer in progress.
226 - Closing data connection.
227 - Entering Passive Mode (h1,h2,h3,h4,p1,p2).
230 - User logged in, proceed.
250 - Requested file action okay, completed.
257 - "PATHNAME" created.
331 - User name okay, need password.
332 - Need account for login.
350 - Requested file action pending further information.
421 - Service not available, closing control connection.
425 - Can't open data connection.
426 - Connection closed; transfer aborted.
450 - Requested file action not taken.
451 - Requested action aborted: local error in processing.
452 - Requested action not taken.
500 - Syntax error, command unrecognized.
501 - Syntax error in parameters or arguments.
502 - Command not implemented.
503 - Bad sequence of commands.
504 - Command not implemented for that parameter.
530 - Not logged in.
532 - Need account for storing files.
550 - Requested action not taken.
551 - Requested action aborted: page type unknown.
552 - Requested file action aborted.
553 - Requested action not taken. File name not allowed.